Beliefnet

As I was driving back Tuesday night from coaching a quartet, Terry Gross (of FreshAir) was interviewing the founder of Beliefnet.com about his book called "Founding Faith" (the interview is here). Sounds like an interesting read. That naturally led me to the website where you can find interesting quizzes. I did two of them.
  • The first one was Belief-O-Matic, and the faiths most closely match my beliefs are: Secular Humanism (100% match), Unitarian Universalism (84%, which surprised me!) and Nontheist (84%). At the bottom of the list, the faiths that least match my beliefs are Jehovah's Witness (0% match), and Eastern Orthodox, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, Orthodox Judaism, Roman Catholic, Seventh Day Adventist (all 7% match!).
  • I also did the "what's your spiritual type?" quiz. I scored 44 - Active Spiritual Seeker - Spiritual but turned off by organized religion. Sounds about right...

So I am a spiritual secular humanist. Go figure!

Comments

Popular Posts