IIoS Portfolio

I have set up this hypothetical portfolio I call the Income Investing on Steroids portfolio. The goal is to put 5% in each of these 20 positions and live off of the income.

Half of the securities here have some or significant foreign exposure (IGR, RWF, ACAS, PWE, HTE, TEI, EDF, AB, NAT, ONAV). The rest are essentially US-based.

The average yield of this portfolio is a whopping 11%!

Make no mistake: this is a high-risk, high-return, high-yield group of securities! They do generate a lot of income, but they are also likely to be rather volatile. Having said that, I would be perfectly comfortable investing half a million dollars in them (if I had it!) and living off of the more than $55,000 (and growing) income the portfolio will generate. But then I am young and generally not very volatility-averse. Investor beware...

Comments

Popular Posts