TaeKwonDo on YouTube

Supriya and I have started learning Taegeuk O-Jang (#5). We learned the first half at the Dojang, and then I have been laid up with flu this week. I knew there was a lot of TaeKwonDo stuff on YouTube, so I decided to see if I could find Taegeuk O Jang there and teach myself the rest of it. And of course I found a whole lot of them (such as this one). So I watched O Jang probably 25 times or more yesterday, following along in my mind's eye and trying to absorb the moves into my body. One problem was that most of the videos are shot from the front, and so I had to do the mirror-image move. That took some doing, but now I think I have it! I am also learning about how I learn. I need to build a linear model in my head and that takes a whole lot of repetitions.

Comments

Popular Posts