What Made You Happy Today?

Manisha and I have been doing this happiness exercise the last few days. At the end of the day as we are getting ready for bed, we list at least five things that brought us happiness. For example, last night I listed:
  • FFF, our twice-monthly gathering of homeschooling friends
  • the nice and colorful drawings that Aseem drew with markers at the FFF
  • the tasteful Veggie Supreme pizza afterwards with friends
  • the minestrone soup I had for dinner (that I had made the night before)
  • Aseem singing "Twinkle, twinkle little star" with me on the piano
  • working with Supriya on her latest drumming beats and fills
  • a great workout at TaeKwonDo. My thighs had been very sore from the Wednesday workout, but I decided to go and do the gruelling adult class (instead of the kids' class that I usually do with Supriya) anyway. It was totally worth it! Today my legs are sore but it's a much more pleasurable soreness.

This simple exercise does something truly wonderful. It polishes my rose-colored glasses, focuses my mind on how blessed I am and reinforces my basic happiness as I drift off to sleep.

Try it and let me know your experience.

Comments

Popular Posts