"Across the Universe"

Last night I stayed up late and watched Across the Universe on my laptop. I loved it! The story-line is OK, and the acting is good. What is truly awesome is the soundtrack. The soundtrack uses 33 Beatles songs sung by the actors in the movie. And the songs rock. The singing is very good and heartfelt, the orchestration is wonderful and the choreography is incredible. Highly recommended. This is one soundtrack I am going to buy!

As as aside, turns out Evan Rachel Wood (who plays Lucy, the main romantic lead) was homeschooled most of her schooling years.

Comments

Lynne said…
Evan Rachel Wood is excellent. I've been a fan since Once and Again (great, prematurely cancelled TV show starring Sela Ward, another one of my favorites).

Little Secrets, and Thirteen are both starring ERW and definitely worth watching. The first is Disney-like and the second, just plain horrifying (but not of the horror genre).

Popular Posts