"Terminator 3"

I watched Terminator 3 last night on my laptop. I really enjoyed it (again) and the way it advanced the story-line. The end of the movie is really well done, where John Connor & his future wife are lured to the fall-out shelter from where he will lead the human resistance. Neat. Can't wait for #4.

I have been thinking of the coming Singularity and I don't think the Terminator scenario is likely to happen. For one, human-machine merging is going to start happening soon. It is already happening with all sorts of implants in the development stage (in military and in civilian sectors). As miniaturization continues to accelerate at a breathtaking pace, we are embedding computers in everything we can. Neural implants are just the next step. Then it won't be machines-versus-humans any more. We will assimilate each other!

Comments

Popular Posts