Today is International Happiness Day!

You better be happy today, damn it! I demand it.
Anyway, all kidding aside, I am very happy. Yes, my set-point is probably higher than most people, but it is also that I have many habits that keep me happy. As the motto of the International Happiness Day says,
Happiness is an inside job.
Just a couple of things from yesterday:
  • I got my Red Belt yesterday at TaeKwonDo! I have focused on improving my kicking (roundhouse, side and back kicks in particular) and learning new poomsae for the last 3 months. I made significant improvements. Master Freddy saw my dedication and focus and awarded me a triple-promotion.
  • I have been working on bubbling (making the motorboat sound with my lips) to improve my breath-support for singing. I could not do more than 9 seconds when I started. By sheer dint of repetition over the last month or so, I have improved it to a consistent 20 to 30 seconds. And last night I did my first ever 41 seconds!

I find plenty of Flow in my daily life (between the kids, singing, physical activities, cooking, writing and such), and I think I am one of the most blessed people on Earth. The greatest thing is that nothing and nobody has to change to make me happy!

Comments

Lynne said…
Amen! And I mean that in the strictest atheist way possible.

I'm so happy I didn't miss International Happiness Day!

I, too, am very happy and agree that it's an inside job.

Keep up those roundhouses and I've loved the constant bubbling!

Still waiting on the 5K challenge, but will need a few weeks to retrain (fell out of shape with the heat).
MP said…
What's with the new picture for your profile? I can't really make out the details. (And she looks nothing like you!)
Lynne said…
Messy hair, jammies, big coffee mug, square toe slippers, modern furniture? It is so me (with the obvious physically cartoony exceptions).

I thought it was funny, but even I'm getting tired of it already.

I'll think of something else soon enough. And I'll be happy about it!!!
Lynne said…
Looking like me does not necessarily lead to happiness as demonstrated in this new image.
MP said…
That's awesome! You should get t-shirts made with this picture.

Popular Posts