Tandoori Chicken

Tired of eating the so-called Tandoori Chicken in the Indian restaurants, those fake-red-colored, dried-out pieces of meat? Well, here's how to make the real thing.
Start with 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs (that's what I just did; you do what you like or have on hand). Spread them out in a baking pan. Make the marinade by mixing 1 cup of yogurt with 1 tablespoon of garam masala, 1 teaspoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of ginger paste and 2 tablespoons of garlic paste. Spread the marinade on the chicken pieces and coat them thoroughly on both sides. Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours - ideally overnight. Bake for 1 hour at 375.
That's it! Let me know how it works out for you.

Comments

Lynne said…
Having been lucky enough to have had some of your tandoori chicken - I know it's yummy. Thanks for posting this. I'll let you know how it turns out for us.

Can I get garam masala and ginger paste at Shaw's or do I need to go to an Indian grocery?
MP said…
Your best bet is the Indian grocery store. I don't know how well-stocked Shaw's is. Whole Foods used to have this fantastic garam masala that they have discontinued. Bummer.

Popular Posts