My Favorite Foundations

I read the fascinating article on the Canary Foundation in the latest WIRED issue. It made me think about my favorite foundations. Here they are:
  • Canary Foundation
  • Grameen Foundation
  • Methuselah Foundation
  • Personal Genome Project (not exactly a foundation, but close enough...)
  • Wikimedia Foundation
  • X-Prize Foundation

(The list is also on the Blogroll on the right hand side for our convenience.)

The interesting question is: what does this list say about me? What's your list?

Comments

Anonymous said…
To be sure, the fundraising and implementing arm of the Personal Genome Project is PersonalGenomes.org, which is a charitable organization qualified under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. So I'd say we fit right in. Delighted to hear you're excited about the PGP.

Cheers,
Jason Bobe
Director of Community
Personal Genome Project
www.personalgenomes.org
MP said…
Thanks for the clarification, Jason. As an aside, I have signed up for the project. I hope I get chosen!

Popular Posts