Chicken Curry in a Slow Cooker

I made a very flavorful chicken curry the other day - and it was one of the least complicated recipes. I have always been intrigued by the idea of a slow cooker. Finally my friend John lent me one of his. So I Googled "chicken curry slow cooker" and of course got many hits. I settled on this one because it looked very simple. And it turned out to be a fine choice.

I of course tweaked the recipe. I couldn't call myself a cook if I didn't! Here is what I did:
  1. Chopped up 2 big red potatoes and put them in the cooker.
  2. Chopped up 1 green pepper & 2 onions and added them in.
  3. Added the 6 chicken thighs.
  4. Poured a big can of crushed tomatoes on top.
  5. Added spices - 2 teaspoons each of garam masala, crushed garlic, ginger paste and salt. I also added a few cloves and half a teaspoon of cardamom seeds for additional flavoring.
Then came the tricky part. I was to turn it on High and let it cook for 5 to 6 hours! This is something I have never done before. I always want to stir things around and in general meddle with my recipes. I set the alarm for 5 hours. When I checked at that time it smelled great, but looked like a little more cooking for needed. So I stirred it a little and let it cook for another hour. When it was done it tasted absolutely delicious.

I am sure I will be using the slow cooker a lot. I already have plans for Chicken Vindaloo...

Comments

Popular Posts