Chicken Tikka

I made Chicken Tikka today at a friend's house. I roughly followed a recipe from a book (which also claimed that Chicken Tikka is the most popular Indian dish around the world, in the FWIW department!). The recipe is very straightforward:
  1. Marinate chicken (I cut up boneless, skinless chicken breast in large dices) in a paste made from garam masala, ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder and yogurt (plus salt to taste). Make enough paste to coat the chicken pieces. Marinate in the fridge. The book says 15-20 minutes; I did it for a couple of hours - you decide...
  2. Pan-fry chicken in oil on low-to-medium heat until cooked, turning once - about 10 minutes.
Everybody including the kids loved it. I will be making it again. It was not exactly what Chicken Tikka looks like in an Indian restaurant. I need to investigate!

Comments

Christina said…
So, what book, and did you think it was a good one? I have five Indian cookbooks in my ILL queue.
MP said…
It belongs to Sharon Logvin. It's good. It has many South Indian recipes. The author is a Keralite (of course it means nothing to you!), and there are a few good recipes from Kerala which I'd like to make in my new kitchen.
Christina said…
Ooh, is Sharon on Facebook or is she around the Blog-o-sphere? \

Does the cookbook have a name?
MP said…
Sharon is not on FB or on the blog0sphere.

The book is appears to be part of a series of cookbooks and is called "Shortcuts to Success: Indian" by Das Sreedharan.
Christina said…
Thanks! Off to put smallest one to bed. See you Monday (barring snow).

Popular Posts