Italian Sausage & Ravioli Soup
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb sweet Italian sausage without casing
1 medium onion chopped
1 to 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
1 can of diced or crushed tomatoes
4 cups beef broth
½ cup red wine of your choice
2 zucchini sliced (approximately 2 cups)
12 oz cheese ravioli (alternately 1 cup dry macaroni)
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pot, add the sausage and onions and saute until
sausage loses all pinkness and starts browning. Make sure to break
up the sausage into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant (30 seconds or so).
- Mix in the tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes until they
- Add beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Add red wine, zucchini and the ravioli (or the macaroni),
stir in and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook until the pasta is done (about 10 minutes), adjust salt.
I used spinach-and-cheese ravioli. It worked fine, but I think just plain macaroni is going to work better.